Pasadena Immigration Attorney

Pasadena, TX Immigration Attorneys

Citizenship, Visas and More

For most people interested in immigrating to the United States, companies that need to hire foreign talent, or people who want to set off on the pathway to U.S. citizenship, the best course of action is to consult with a Pasadena, TX immigration attorney.

Your immigration lawyer can give you the guidance you need to navigate the sometimes-complex system of U.S. immigration laws.


  • (Our motto is "Families, not Files" because when you do business with us, you are not just another case file.)
  • Our staff is multi-lingual and many of us have experienced the immigration process with our families and friends.
  • Mr. Davis is Board Certified in Immigration and Nationality Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.

Allie B.

I am so pleased with the speed of working with this firm. What would’ve taken months, happened in 1month. Above all, the Senior Paralegal Susan La Valley is an excellent individual. Amazing to work with. She will keep you in the know of every step. I highly recommend this firm.

Why Work With a Pasadena, TX Immigration Attorney?

Davis & Associates may be able to help you with:

  • Asylum
  • Business immigration
  • Citizenship and naturalization
  • DACA
  • Deportation (removal)
  • Family immigration
  • Green cards
  • Immigration appeals
  • Visas

Asylum Help From a Pasadena Immigration Attorney

Pasadena Immigration Attorneys - Free Consultation with Davis & Associates

Asylum is, essentially, protection from persecution in your home country. If you’re granted asylum in the U.S., you’re allowed to live and work here – and you don’t have to return to your home country, where things may be dangerous for you. If you fear persecution in your home country due to one of the following reasons, we may be able to help you:

  • Religious beliefs
  • Race
  • Nationality
  • Political opinion
  • Membership in a social group

Business Immigration Help From a Pasadena, TX Immigration Attorney

Business immigration is notoriously complex, and there are several laws that govern foreign workers coming into the U.S. to perform specific jobs.

Any employer that wishes to hire foreign talent, as well as any worker who wants to perform a job in the U.S. must file the appropriate paperwork with the United States government.

In the vast majority of cases, workers cannot petition the government for themselves. A U.S. employer must sponsor a worker to come to the U.S.

There are dozens of visas for temporary and permanent work in the U.S., and the kind that you need – whether you’re an employer or an employee – depends on the type of work that will be performed. The duration of stay varies by visa, but generally, people who are coming to work in the U.S. are allowed to bring their spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21. Family members of these workers are allowed to attend school and are sometimes allowed to work (although working requires a separate petition).

Temporary workers may enter the U.S. on a specific visa. Permanent workers are categorized by preference. For example, these “preference categories” outline the ways permanent workers are classified:

  • First preference: Persons of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, as well as outstanding professors and researchers, and multinational executives and managers
  • Second preference: Members of professions holding advanced degrees or people with exceptional ability in the arts, sciences or business
  • Third preference: Skilled workers, professionals and other workers
  • Fourth preference: Special immigrants (such as religious workers, retired employees of international organizations, and others)
  • Fifth preference: Business investors who invest a certain amount of money in a new commercial enterprise that employs at least ten full-time U.S. workers

Citizenship and Naturalization

If you want to become a U.S. citizen, you must meet certain criteria first, including:

  • Be at least age 18
  • Be a lawful permanent resident with a green card for at least five years (three if you’re married to a U.S. citizen)
  • Demonstrate continuous residence in the U.S. for at least 5 years prior to your petition
  • Prove that you’ve been physically present for 30 months out of the past 5 years at the time you apply
  • Prove at least three months of residence in your state or district
  • Be a person of good moral character
  • Read, write and speak English passably
  • Respect and adhere to the U.S. Constitutions principles and ideals
  • Swear an oath of allegiance to the United States

Working with a Pasadena, TX immigration attorney may be the most straightforward path for you to gain U.S. citizenship. Your lawyer will be able to give you the guidance you need from the start – from obtaining a visa that enables you to come to the U.S. to filing your final petition with the U.S. government for citizenship.

DACA Help From a Pasadena, TX Immigration Attorney

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, protects nearly a million young people across the United States. If you’re eligible for DACA protections, your Pasadena immigration attorney can help you file for protections for the first time or renew your request. Additionally, your attorney can help you file an application for an advance parole document if necessary.

Deportation (Removal) Defense

The threat of deportation – formally called removal – is scary, and if you’ve received notice that you’re in removal proceedings, you may want to work with a lawyer to see what options you have.

Removal proceedings mean that you may be ordered to leave the United States, whether or not you have children or other family ties here, a job, or a home. Additionally, if you’re removed from the United States, you may not be allowed to return.

For most people facing removal proceedings, the best course of action is to work with a Pasadena, TX immigration attorney.

Your lawyer can evaluate your situation, find out whether there’s a way for you to avoid deportation, and determine the steps that will get you the best possible outcome.

Family Immigration Help From a Pasadena, TX Immigration Attorney

If you’re a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, you may be able to sponsor certain family members to come to the United States.

Generally, U.S. citizens can bring fiancés, spouses, children, siblings and parents to the U.S., and lawful permanent residents with green cards are often able to bring spouses and children.

Every situation is different, and some people – such as spouses and children of U.S. citizens – are allowed to come to the U.S. without waiting for their number to come up.

Your Pasadena immigration lawyer will be able to give you the guidance you need to bring your family to the U.S. with you, and he or she can fill out and file all the paperwork on your behalf, so you have more time to focus on what’s most important: your family.

Green Cards

Lawful permanent residents of the United States have green cards – identification cards that authorize them to live and work anywhere in the U.S. Not everyone is eligible to become a lawful permanent resident, but people who have family connections or jobs here, or who qualify under other categories, may be able to get a U.S. green card.

  • Family
  • Employment
  • Special immigrant status
  • Refugee or asylee status
  • As a human trafficking or crime victim

Immigration Appeals

When an immigration agency or judge makes an unfavorable decision, you may be entitled to an appeal. Your Pasadena, TX immigration attorney can help you file an appeal (if you’re eligible) and tell you what steps you can take to ensure you get the best possible outcome.


Every foreigner who wants to come to the U.S., whether it’s for business, immigration purposes or even a visit, must have a valid visa to get into the country. If you need a visa, it may be in your best interest to talk to a Pasadena immigration attorney. Your lawyer can tell you what type of visa is right for your needs, and he or she can fill out and file the appropriate paperwork for you.

Do You Need a Pasadena, TX Immigration Attorney?

If you need to talk to a Pasadena immigration attorney about a visa, green card, family immigration or business immigration, we’re here to help. Call our office today to schedule a free consultation with an attorney who will help you start – and complete – your journey.

Best Places to Get Dinner After Your Immigration Petition is Approved

Great Places to Shop in Pasadena, TX

Must-See Attractions While You’re in Pasadena