Immigration Attorney in Denton, TX – 75065, 76201, 76226

Immigration Lawyers in Denton, Texas

Citizenship, Visas and More

Many people know that U.S. immigration law can be confusing – and it’s always subject to change.

For that reason, people use immigration lawyers in Denton, TX to help them with complex processes such as business immigration, family immigration, work visas, green cards, citizenship and other immigration applications.


  • Mr. Davis is Board Certified in Immigration and Nationality Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
  • (Our motto is "Families, not Files" because when you do business with us, you are not just another case file.)
  • Our staff is multi-lingual and many of us have experienced the immigration process with our families and friends.


The Team is amazing! If I had any questions or concerns I would shot an email to my attorney Mr.Davis and cc his paralegal within the hour I would get a reply form my attorney himself. (The attorneys are very hands on with their cases) I believe they are honest and genuine people. I definitely will recommend.

Getting a U.S. Visa With Help From a Denton Immigration Attorney

Most people who want to come to the United States need a valid visa to enter the country. Although there are some exceptions, such as day trips from Canada or Mexico, even visitors who only want to sightsee or stay with family must have a valid visa. T

here are a number of different visa types available, including those for tourism, school and work – and some of them enable you to later apply for citizenship.

However, not all visas create a path to citizenship; you must have the appropriate type for your needs, and you must follow all the right procedures to maintain a legal status in the United States.

If you want to get a visa to come to the United States, you may benefit from working with an immigration attorney in Denton who can help you choose the right type. Some visas require a sponsor – a person who will claim responsibility for you – and others don’t. Your lawyer can help you find and apply for the right type of visa for your needs.

Green Cards: Applying Through Your Immigration Lawyer

If you’re eligible, you can become a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

When you become a lawful permanent resident, or LPR, you’ll receive a green card – a document that proves you’re legally allowed to live and work anywhere you wish within the country.

Your green card is also a step toward eventual U.S. citizenship; you must be a green card holder for a certain amount of time before you can apply for naturalized citizenship.

Before you can get a green card, you need a valid visa with which to enter the United States. Generally, you also need a sponsor, which may be your employer or a qualifying family member. If you need help getting a visa or applying for a green card, a Denton immigration attorney may be able to help you.

Family Immigration Services From an Immigration Lawyer in Denton

Many people are eligible to sponsor family members to come to the United States. In order to sponsor a family member for immigration purposes, you must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.

However, there are some differences in the way the immigration process works for citizens and lawful permanent residents; your Denton immigration attorney can help determine what category your family members fall into, and then help you fill out and file the right petitions to bring them to the United States.

Citizenship With Help From a Denton Immigration Attorney

To become a U.S. citizen, you must have a green card – and before you get a green card, you need a valid visa that enables you to enter the United States.

After you’ve met all the requirements, you can apply for naturalization; that’s the process of becoming a United States citizen if you weren’t born in the country.

After you’re naturalized, you have all the same rights and responsibilities as a natural-born citizen does.

You can vote in elections, work without any restrictions and enjoy all the other rights.

You’re also required to report for jury duty if called, register for the draft if you’re of age, and be a productive member of society.

In order to become a naturalized citizen, you must be over the age of 18, hold a green card, show that you’ve lived in the U.S. continuously for at least the past 5 years, be a person of good moral character and pass the U.S. citizenship test.

You must also respect and adhere to the principles and ideals of the United States Constitution, as well as swear an oath of allegiance to the United States. However, that comes after you’ve filled out and filed a successful naturalization petition – which your Denton immigration attorney can help you do.

Helpful Articles

Dual Citizenship In The USA: Everything You Need To Know

The Path To U.S. Citizenship

Getting Help From a Business Immigration Lawyer in Denton

Business immigration in the United States is complicated – there’s no way around it. If your company needs to hire foreign workers, it must meet stringent requirements and fill out and file several government forms.

For this reason alone, most companies work with a Denton immigration lawyer when they need to sponsor foreign workers.

There are several ways a company can bring in foreign talent, and your attorney can help you determine what’s right for your firm.

Another category of business immigration belongs to immigrant investors. People who have significant capital and invest it in certain U.S. companies can come to the U.S. as immigrant investors. Your attorney can help you if you want to get an investor green card, as well.

Other Work Visas

  • CW-1 visas for transitional workers
  • E-1, E-2, E-2C and E-3, EB-1, and EB-5 visas for treaty traders, treaty investors, qualified employees, long-term foreign investors, and certain specialty occupation professionals coming from Australia only
  • H-1B visas for Free Trade Agreement workers, specialty occupations, fashion models of distinguished merit and ability, and workers in specialty occupations
  • H-1C visas for registered nurses
  • H-2A visas for temporary or seasonal agricultural workers
  • H-3 visas for trainees (other than medical or academic)
  • H-4 Visas
  • I visas for representatives of foreign information media, including the press, radio and film
  • L-1A and L-1B visas for intracompany transferees
  • O-1 and O-2 visas for people with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, athletics, or production in motion pictures and television (and their support staff)
  • P-1A and P-1B visas for internationally recognized athletes, entertainers, and members of entertainment groups
  • P-2 and P-3 visas for individual performers and groups entering to perform under reciprocal exchange programs, as well as artists and entertainers coming to the U.S. to perform, teach or coach under a culturally unique program
  • Q-1 visas for people participating in international cultural exchange programs
  • R-1 visas for religious workers
  • TN visas for North American Free Trade Agreement temporary professionals coming from Canada or Mexico

Asylum and Refugee Status

Immigration Attorney in Denton - Davis & AssociatesAsylum is nearly the same thing as refugee status, with the main difference being where you’re physically located when you apply.

In both cases, you’re seeking the United States’ protection from persecution in your home country.

Many people who want asylum or refugee status choose to work with an immigration attorney in Denton throughout the process.

If you’re currently outside the United States, you’ll apply for refugee status. If you’re currently in the United States, you’ll apply for asylum.

You have up to a year from your arrival in the U.S., whether or not it was lawful, to apply for asylum.

However, you must prove that you have a credible fear of persecution – otherwise, your petition will be denied.

DACA Petitions

The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA, is currently accepting new applications and processing renewals for people who have already received DACA status. Because the laws are subject to change based on the current political climate in the United States, it may be in your best interest to work with a DACA attorney in Denton who understands the system and how to help you get the best possible outcome.

Deportation Defense by a Denton Immigration Attorney

The threat of being kicked out of the United States is terrifying – and you could be removed (commonly known as deportation) even if you’ve already established a life and family here. In cases such as these, it can be beneficial to work with a Denton immigration attorney who can protect your rights and defend you against deportation.

Denton Immigration AttorneyImmigration Appeals by an Immigration Lawyer in Denton, TX

Sometimes immigration officials, including judges, make decisions that potential immigrants don’t agree with. If that happens in your case, you may be entitled to appeal the decision. Your immigration lawyer can help you determine whether you’re entitled to an appeal and file one on your behalf if appropriate.

Do You Need to Talk to an Immigration Attorney in Denton?

If you need to speak with an immigration attorney in Denton, we’re here to help. Call our office today or contact us online to set up your free consultation with an experienced and knowledgeable professional.