Family Immigration Lawyers in Dallas
We Care About Families, Not Files
The most common way for individuals to get an immigration visa or green card in the United States is through family sponsorship. If you have a qualifying relative for whom you would like to obtain a family-based visa, Davis & Associates can help.
Our Dallas family immigration attorneys care about you and your family. We want to put our knowledge of the law and our 60 years of combined experience to work for you and your loved ones.
Applying for Family-Based Visas in Dallas
Citizens and lawful permanent residents (LPR) of the United States have the opportunity to apply for a visa for certain family members. Currently, the U.S. limits the number of family-based visas given out to 480,000 per year. Priority is given to those who are petitioning for immediate relatives.
Immediate relatives include:
- Unmarried children under 21
Outside of immediate family members, there are other family relationships that qualify for family-based visas. Because the visas distributed each year are limited, these relationships are organized according to family preference categories.
The family preference categories include:
- First preference (F1): Unmarried children, 21 years or older, of U.S. citizens
- Second preference (F2A): Spouses and unmarried children (under 21 years of age) of LPRs
- Second preference (F2B): Unmarried children, 21 years or older, of LPRs
- Third preference (F3): Married children of U.S. citizens
- Fourth preference (F4): Sisters and brothers of U.S. citizens who are 21 years of age or older
Depending on the immigration status of the petitioner, the category of the family member they are applying for, and what country the family member is from, the time to obtain a visa can range between six months and 20 years.
Rely on Our Legal Professionals
If you are looking for a reputable law firm that can give you skilled legal counsel for your immigration matters, turn to Davis & Associates. Our Dallas family immigration attorneys have successfully handled thousands of cases and are ready to advocate on your behalf.